What’s Happening in the Club!
- Congratulations Lose 2 Win Participants!
- Meet our basketball coach Jay Parker -kids lessons now available
- Mind & Body Special Event: Candlelight Yoga with Crystal Bowl Sound Healing, Friday April 12th
- 10% Discount on Your Next Team-Building Event or Rooftop Reception at LSF!
- Get Your Complimentary Fitness Consultation with IC PT360!
- ‘The Masters’ Inspired Food & Drink Specials at Press Kitchen!
- Spa@IC: Add CBD Oil to your Rejuvenation Massage!
- Core Health & Fitness Continuing Education Convention!
- Insurance Accepted at Lakeshore Physical Therapy
Congratulations Lose 2 Win Participants!
Thank you to all the participants in this years’ Lose 2 Win competition – and to the winners, congratulations on your amazing results! The biggest winner lost a stunning 20.53% of his bodyweight in a short 8 weeks! It’s amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it and put in the work!
This year both Grand Prize winners of $1,000 cash came from the Illinois Center location.
- $1000 Grand Prize: David Guttman (20.53% bodyweight loss) & Jamie Kaplan (8.18% bodyweight loss)
- 3pk of PT: John McCarthy & Traci Powell
- 50min Massage: Jon Barkman & Gloria Zuletta
- $50 Club Gift Card: Greg Morris & Serena Wadwa
If you would like to see similar amazing results, please contact our Personal Training department at ICPT360@LakeshoreSF.com.
Kids Basketball Lessons Now Available
Kids basketball lessons start this weekend! Whether you have a tiny tot or a teen, we have the class for your child! Entry level classes for kids 4-7 years old take place on Saturday mornings at 9AM. Youth classes for 8-12 year olds take place from 12:30-1:30pm and Teen lessons run Sunday mornings from 8:30-10:00 AM. For more information, or to sign up, please contact ICEvents@LakeshoreSF.com.
Mind & Body Special Event: Candlelight Yoga with Crystal Bowl Sound Healing – Friday April 12th at 6 – 7:15pm!
Bring a loved one and join Jack Ryan for a special practice featuring restorative live music. This candlelight yoga class will be slow and peaceful. We will take time to let go of the stress of the daily grind as we connect to the breath, body and mind. Experience a lovingly sequenced journey of intention-based movement complimented by a generous surrender series and Savasana accompanied by the tranquil sound of live, meditative crystal bowl music.
Enchanting and peaceful, crystal singing bowls produce resonate pure tone notes that start soft and grow quite loud. The sound they produce affects the physical body, subtle body, and mind. The sounds of the bowls often feel like they are buzzing or even rushing through you, calming you, and quieting your mind. Truly this is a sui generis experience that cannot be grasped without experiencing it.
10% Discount on Your Next Team-Building Event or Rooftop Reception at LSF!
LSF offers a wide variety of fun, interactive, and competitive team-building activities that would be sure to energize and motivate the team! Engaging activities include: Rock-Climbing, Group Fitness Classes, Bubble Soccer, Dodgeball, Ping Pong, Golf Simulator, Trivia and much more!!!
In addition to activities, we have a beautiful, private rooftop patio deck with in-house catering from Press Kitchen. For a limited time, we are offering 10% off events booked in April and May. This offer is for new event bookings and cannot be combined with our $25 Happy Hour Package.
Spring has sprung! Get your team out to our beautiful roof deck to enjoy a Happy Hour! For more information, contact Dave Klein at 312.801.8421 or ICEvents@LakeshoreSF.com!
Get Your Complimentary Fitness Consultation with IC PT360!
As a member at LSF, you have access to several great services including a complimentary fitness consultation which consists of:
- A comprehensive body scan, using our InBody machine, to measure muscle mass and body fat, identify areas of weakness and opportunity
- A full movement screening to check form, so exercises can be prescribed based on test results to correct weakness or imbalance.
- A cardiac output test to measure cardiovascular fitness levels.
- A conversation to better understand your fitness goals
The consultation is scheduled with one of our certified personal trainers matched with you based on your preferences, fitness background, and schedule. After the consultation, you and your trainer schedule a complimentary 60-minute workout to begin the process of achieving your goals.
Taking advantage of these services can be an excellent way to begin (or continue) getting into the best shape possible, learn new exercises or modalities to switch up your workout routine, and make sure you’re getting the most out of your membership. Reach out to ICPT360@LakeshoreSF.com to schedule your complimentary fitness consultation today!
‘The Masters’ Inspired Food & Drink Specials at Press Kitchen!
The Masters Tournament is just around the corner on April 11th – 14th. Watch the best golfers in the world take on “Amen Corner” at Press Kitchen, and enjoy these golf inspired specials:
- Avocado Toast: Multi-grain toast, avocado mash, tomatoes, radish, pickled red onions, and bean sprouts. Add egg any style. $8 (+$2 for egg)
- BLT Spinach Wrap: Spinach Herb Tortilla, Sliced oven-roasted turkey, peppered bacon, local greens, thinly sliced red onion, tomatoes, w/ green goddess aioli. $9.50
- Lagunitas Beer Batter Fish n Chips: Great lakes White Fish coated with a Lagunitas beer batter, seasoned french fries, lightly tossed coleslaw w/ house made tartar sauce. $12
- John Daly Cocktail: Wash it all down with this country club classic!
Spa@IC: Add CBD Oil to your Rejuvenation Massage!
The next time you book an appointment for a massage at the Spa@IC, you may want to consider getting a CBD Rejuvenation Massage. CBD (cannabidiol) is the latest, proven health and wellness essential that has several benefits when incorporated into your regular massage and fitness routines:
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces chronic pain
- Improves skin health
- Alleviates anxiety and stress
Looking for something more to the point? How about trying our new Athlete Recovery Stretch after your next basketball run, squash match, or personal training session. This fully clothed, 25-minute, deep stretch will help elevate your game to the next level and enhance the gains your working hard for!
For more information, pricing, and to book your massage now, logon to the MyLSF App, visit our Front Desk, or email us at ICSpa@LakeshoreSF.com.
Core Health & Fitness Continuing Education Convention!
Lakeshore Sport & Fitness – Illinois Center is excited to host a Continuing Education Convention by Core Health & Fitness on April 5th – April 7th. This conference is ideal for those would like to get continuing education credits for being a group fitness instructor, for anyone interested in becoming a group fitness instructor and for anyone who really just wants to hone in their fitness skills. For more information, please contact Jenn Hogg at JennH@LakeshoreSF.com and to register, visit corehandf.com/certifications/registration1.
Insurance Accepted at Lakeshore Physical Therapy
With locations in both Lakeshore Sport & Fitness clubs, Lakeshore PT is easily accessible and convenient for your treatment. Equally beneficial is the fact that physical therapy is a covered benefit through most health insurance plans. Lakeshore PT is ‘in-network’ with BlueCross and BlueShield, Aetna, UnitedHealthcare, and Medicare. That means the clinic is a preferred provider and the member usually pays less for services. If you have an insurance coverage question about your specific plan, please stop by the clinic and we are happy to share our expertise. IC location: 312-801-8440. LP location: 773-770-2419.