Introducing the LSF SPARK School Year Program
Lakeshore Sport & Fitness has built a remote learning program to support Chicago area families throughout this uncertain and unique school year. This program is available exclusively to LSF members.
We ask families to commit to a 2-day (Tuesday/Thursday), 3-day (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) or 5-day (Monday-Friday) schedule to ensure we group the same kids and staff together weekly.
This remote learning program will initially run from September 8th through November 6th and will continue further, if needed. The SPARK program includes the following:
- Programming Monday-Friday from 9:00am-3:00pm. We will offer recreational enrichment programming from 3:00-5:00pm for an additional fee.
- Children will be grouped into cohorts of 10 kids. These groups can be identified by you or LSF will group kids by grade levels.
- LSF will provide homework support, space for e-learning calls, and help kids overall to succeed in completing and understanding assignments provided by their school teacher. There will be education professionals to ensure proper support throughout the program.
- LSF will provide classroom spaces that are safe for each group. We are converting two tennis courts into classroom spaces with tables, chairs, partitions, power, and upgraded wifi support. As we learn what other equipment is needed, such as printers, we will work to provide these as well.
- Parents will provide the necessary technology and details from teachers regarding assignments. Our team will help kids log in, participate, and support any needs throughout classroom calls and meetings.
- Once we understand each cohort’s daily schedule from their teachers, we will also build in brain breaks, time for social-emotional learning, and recreational activities.
- LSF will provide a snack and lunch daily. Outside food is prohibited.
- All students & staff must wear masks throughout the entire day.
- Private tutoring is available at $25 per 30-minute session. The subject area(s) in which the tutor focuses will be decided by the parent. We will find a time throughout the week that works for the student’s schedule. Initially, we need to focus on getting cohorts built and then will work to coordinate details for tutoring.
SPARK Program Pricing:
- 2-day option (Tuesday/Thursday only): $1,782
- 3-day option (Monday/Wednesday/Friday only): $2,574
- 5-day option (Monday-Friday): $4,356
We ask parents to commit to the entire nine-week program, which will run September 8th – November 6th. We will charge your LSF account in four payment installations, with the first being at the time of registration. The remaining payments will be charged on the first of the month (September, October, and November). Make-up days and refunds for missed days are not available. There is a 10% sibling discount for all children after the first child registered.
If a child tests positive for COVID-19, LSF will ask the entire cohort to quarantine for 14 days and will provide a refund for the days missed.
Early Remote Learning Options:
- PeeWee Preschool for 2-4 year olds – Email us at PeeWee@LakeshoreSF.com for more info. We’ll have 2-day (Tuesday/Thursday), 3-day (Monday/Wednesday/Friday), and 5-day options.
- Half-Day SPARK Program for 4-5 year olds: Half Day option available for this age group only from 9:00-12:30pm.
- 2-day option (Tuesday/Thursday only): $1,062
- 3-day option (Monday/Wednesday/Friday only): $1,534
- 5-day option (Monday-Friday): $2,596
Recreational Options from 3-5pm for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade:
Recreational Programming will run daily from 3:00-5:00pm. Families can commit to the same 2-day, 3-day, or 5-day schedule as your chosen SPARK remote learning program. We will create an additional cohort of kids that will remain consistent throughout the nine weeks.
- 2-day option (Tuesday/Thursday only): $540
- 3-day option (Monday/Wednesday/Friday only): $780
- 5-day option (Monday-Friday): $1,320
Kindergarten & 1st Grade Enrichment Program includes:
- Monday: Edible Engineering & Yoga
- Tuesday: Creation Station & Relay Races
- Wednesday: Sports of All Sorts & Mad Science
- Thursday: Construction Production & Zumba Dance Party
- Friday: Swimming & Drama Discovery
2nd & 3rd Grade Enrichment Program includes:
- Monday: Construction Production & Zumba Dance Party
- Tuesday: Edible Engineering & Yoga
- Wednesday: DIY Kids & Swimming
- Thursday: Sports of All Sorts & Mad Science
- Friday: Coding Center & Relay Races
Club 48 (4th-8th Grade) After School Program Option:
All 4th-8th graders can participate in our Club 48 programming at no additional charge, which will have a fall schedule announcement soon.
Contact KidEvents@LakeshoreSF.com with any questions.