We’re excited to welcome you back to the club! While we have been closed, we have been researching all that we can do to keep you safe: we have consulted with doctors, hospital maintenance companies, and commercial cleaning experts to create great solutions to ensure a safe and healthy space for our members and team members. While we have a great plan in place based on CDC and local guidelines, please understand this will need to evolve and adapt over time as we progress through each phase of reopening — we welcome your feedback throughout this process so we can continue to make improvements.
We will continue to update this webpage as more information becomes available, so please check back often.
Please complete the Health Acknowledgment Waiver Form before returning to the club:
Sign up for our Email List:
Phase 4 of Reopening
We’re excited to transition to Phase 4 operations starting July 1st!
Most of the club and most programs will be available on July 1st, but a few programs and services will lag, and we will continue with slightly abbreviated hours as we get used to our new overnight sanitizing protocols and as member usage resumes.
Interim Reopening Hours
Monday – Friday 7am-7pm
Saturday & Sunday 7am-3pm
Monday – Saturday, 6am-9pm
We plan to provide as normal of an experience as we can while still respecting and following the rules that are important for keeping us safe in Phase 4. Please remember that if the city’s numbers slip, our mayor has said that we will move back to Phase 3. Let’s all work diligently to avoid that!
- Official city policy requires facial coverings. We will require everyone entering the clubs to be wearing a mask and have masks available for purchase for those who forget them. Please maintain your face coverings as much as possible, and certainly when traversing the club. Please work with your children to make sure that they also comply with this as some are particularly concerned about being exposed to asymptomatic kids. As you leave the club, please make sure not to gather by the entrances without your masks which may make it uncomfortable for others to get into the club.
- We have spaced out cardio equipment to allow for 6 feet between pieces.
- For group fitness, we will continue to offer most of our classes outside except in the event of inclement or hot weather, where an indoor back-up option will be available. Indoors, the group fitness and yoga studios have been marked with 8-foot boxes so each person knows where they should work out. We will continue our policy of having our staff sanitize equipment after it has been used.
- As those of you who have visited the clubs know, we have a great group of team members who will be sanitizing, and there are wipes and hand sanitizer readily available.
If you are particularly nervous about returning to the club, we have a few recommendations to help ease you back into your club usage.
- Club usage will be very slow during the first few weeks especially with the July 4th holiday – counter to what you might think, getting back to the club sooner will make you feel more comfortable because of how few people will be around.
- We recommend coming earlier in the day: generally, there is less traffic with more focused activity and less “hanging around.”
- We truly believe that space is the new safe and at LSF we have plenty of it! You do not have to work out in a busy space and can instead choose a less popular area of the club including any unprogrammed fitness studio or take advantage of our outdoor areas to complete your workouts.
How We’re Keeping Members Safe
Research has shown that gyms pose no additional risk to members for catching COVID-19
A large-scale academic study has concluded that there is “no threat of increased COVID-19 spread” at fitness facilities, even when intensive training takes place.
A team of researchers at the University of Oslo, led by professor Michael Bretthauer, investigated SARS-CoV-2 transmission (the virus responsible for COVID-19) – and whether it was attributable to gyms.
“Our trial showed no virus transmission or increase in COVID-19 disease that was related to the opening of gym facilities,” said Bretthauer.
We’re all about sanitizing, sanitizing, and more sanitizing — thoroughly and frequently!
Space is the new safe, and we’ve got plenty of it!
MyLSF App & Reservations
Many of the programs available during reopening require reservations, which can be made via the MyLSF App. If you do not have the MyLSF app, you can download it from your app store (Apple, Android). You will need to change the drop-down as it asks for your account number (which is not the number on your key fob) or select from the drop-down Membership Card and use your fob number.
You must register ahead of time for group fitness classes. If a group fitness class is under-subscribed, it will be canceled 12 hours ahead of time. If an outdoor class needs to be canceled because of the weather, you will receive a cancellation email. If you want to cancel any reservation, you must cancel 24 hours ahead of time or you will be charged.
Summer’s NOT Canceled!
Just because we have new limitations and guidelines for public health, doesn’t mean we can’t still have fun this summer — we just have to do it a little differently! So, join us for all sorts of fun activities for adults and kids alike. You and your family can look forward to a bicycle parade and festival for July 4th, wine tastings, bags tournaments, live music rooftop events, and much, much more! All members are welcome to attend events at either Lakeshore Sport & Fitness location.
Membership & Billing
On July 1st, we emailed out an electronic form for anyone who needs to make changes to their memberships, this form can also be found linked below. You will need to complete this form by July 8th so that all changes can be made before we bill for July and any charges from club usage in March and June. Please note, for anyone who prepaid for programming and those who prepay their annual dues, the Business Office will be going through each program and account, making the appropriate adjustments and contacting you with that information. Given the large amount of work, the short time to do all of this, and the limited staff, please do not email us with questions on these topics and instead review the process in future emails.
Because we want to make sure that our members are able to take advantage of our amenities, we are not allowing guests at the clubs at this point in time. It is very easy to join the clubs, we do not require long term contracts, and you get $10 off of your dues every month that your friends are dues-paying members, so this is a great time to get your friends to join so you can enjoy the club together! For more information about membership options, please contact Membership@LakeshoreSF.com for Lincoln Park and ICMembership@LakeshoreSF.com for Illinois Center.